Thursday 17 November 2016

The Trials of Apollo The Hidden Oracle - Rick Riordan

'My name is Apollo.
I used to be a God.
But that was before I was cast down from Olympus (a terrible misunderstanding) and woke up in a New York dumpster. 
I persuaded Percy Jackson to give me a lift to Camp Half-Blood. But the place is in chaos. Demigods are going missing and the all-seeing Oracles have fallen to a mysterious enemy known only a as 'the Beast'.
I figured that regarding Zeus's favour would involve a series of harrowing trials, and I was right (I usually am). My first task? Protect the final Oracle, hidden away for millennia. If I fail, the Beast will control the future, but worse - I'll be stuck as a teenage boy, forever ...'


'In all my immortal life I never before crash-landed in a dumpster.
I'm not even sure how it happened. 
I simply woke up falling. Skyscrapers spiraled in and out of view. Flames streamed off my body. I tried to fly. I tried to change into a cloud or teleport across the world or do a hundred other things that should have been easy for me, but I just kept falling. I plunged into a narrow canyon between two buildings and BAM
Is anything sadder than the sound of a god hitting a pile of garbage bags?'

Another magical and amazing book by our beloved author Rick Riordan, which is related and a bit of a continuity of the Percy Jackson series which is amazing and I do recommend it, just as well as the Heroes if Olympus, which related to the PJ series as well and is just as magical. 
Just like I mentioned before, I love all the books created by Riordan and therefore I wish not to spoil the story, so I will leave the story to discover for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment