Thursday 17 November 2016

Magnus Chase and The Hammer of Thor - Rick Riordan

'My name is Magnus Chase. Two months ago I died fighting a fire giant and woke up in hotel Valhalla as one of Odin's warriors. Time for a rest? I wish.
When i met Otis, an informant with a lead on Thor's missing hammer, all i get is the name 'Provincetown' before a wolf-masked assassin takes him out and warns me to stay away.
Someone really doesn't want me to find the hammer, and even if I could it's rumoured to be underground, guarded by powerful magic.
But the giant armies are on the move, preparing to invade. If I don't find it, they'll ravange the Nine Worlds, starting with the streets of Boston.
There's just one person who could help. Someone who demands a very high price: the god's worst enemy, Loki.'






"The goat-assassin peered down at me from the peak of the roof. His features were obscured by a faceplate fashioned to resemble a snarling wolf. Of course a wolf. Everybody in the Nine Worlds loves wolves.
'Who - who are you?' I managed.
'Wrong question. The right question: are you prepared to lose your friends? If not, you should leave Thor's hammer lost'
He backed to the edge of the roof and toppled over.
Down below: no movement. no body. Something about the assassin has seemed very wrong ... yet very familiar.'

The book about the Norse mythology, is perfect for people who love that or all mythologies. The writer Rick Riordan is one of the best writers I've read the books of. I have read all of his books and i loved every single one of them. The books not only teach you a lot but alsi entertain you in a way no other book has.
This is the second book from the series of Magnus Chase, and the second one is just as good as the first one.
I really recommend these books because the narrative is awsome and the plot is even better. I hope you love it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment